The VERSEN PhD Thesis Awards 2020 have been created to encourage excellent research in the domain of Software Engineering in the Netherlands. Due to the cancellation of ICT.OPEN2020, the VERSEN PhD Thesis Award Ceremony had to be cancelled. We are proud to introduce the winners of the awards in this short video:
The members of the jury, Jan Friso Groote, Slinger Jansen, and Patricia Lago, used the following criteria for judging:
- Novelty to and impact in the field promoted by VERSEN.
- Quality of the thesis report and associated artifacts.
- Methodological approach and execution.
The winners of the VERSEN PhD award are:
- Moritz Beller (Technical University Delft) with the thesis “An Empirical Evaluation of Feedback-Driven Software Development”, supervised by Prof. dr. Andy Zaidman, dr. Georgios Gousios, and Prof. dr. Arie van Deursen.
- Marcus Gerhold (University of Twente) with the thesis “Choice and Chance: Model-Based Testing of Stochastic Behaviour” supervised by Prof. dr. Marielle Stoelinga and Prof. dr. Jaco van de Pol.
- Vincent Bloemen (University of Twente) with the thesis “Strong Connectivity and Shortest Paths for Checking Models” supervised by Prof. dr. Jaco van de Pol and Prod. dr. Wil van der Aalst.
Started in 1999, HCL in Europe has provided an integrated suite of services — IT services, infrastructure management, engineering and R&D, and business services, to customers throughout Europe. HCL has developed world-class innovations and works closely with customers through Relationships that go Beyond the Contract. Through the years, HCL has won many vital European contracts, putting it at the highest of the ECU Service providers list.
Today, HCL is in 18 European countries, with 21 delivery and innovation centres, employs over 4500 Ideapreneurs, and provides transformational value for over 200 European customers. For more information about our job openings visit our website.