- Masterclass public speaking
- Masterclass effective poster design
Masterclass public speaking
Do you want to convince your audience about the importance of your research? Do you want to give a presentation with impact? Do you want to keep your audience engaged to the last word of your presentation?
Then follow this public speaking masterclass, given by Dr. Jair Santanna. You will learn presentation techniques by practicing a 1-minute and a 3-minute pitch. In a short pitch it is important to get to the core of your story. During the training you will work on the skills that are necessary for bringing a powerful message to your audience.
In this masterclass, you will
- Learn concepts and techniques for delivering a presentation with strong content, charisma and clarity
- Practice your own 1-minute pitch
- Receive feedback on your pitch
- Implement techniques learned in the training to improve your pitch
PLEASE NOTE: The masterclass also serves as a selection for a 3-minute pitch on the ICT.OPEN main stage. The masterclass is free of charge. Masterclasses will be given in Utrecht on the 21st and 22nd of February (morning and afternoon) and will last 3,5 hours. Registration can be done through the abstract submission page.
Masterclass interactive effective poster design
An academic conference poster serves a dual purpose: it is both a networking tool and a means by which to communicate your research. However, many academics fail to produce an effective and visually attractive conference poster, and in doing so, they miss out on opportunities to gain interest for their work or to make new professional connections with their peers. In this workshop, given by dr. Sebastiaan de Vet, you will learn how to make your poster more attractive and effective for scientific communication.
During this masterclass, you will
- learn about the didactics and basics of scientific poster design;
- understand how graphical design and physical appearance can determine a poster’s success in promoting knowledge transfer;
- develop a work plan to apply key design principles to designing your next poster;
- discover new ways to turn a poster in an interactive presentation format.
The masterclass consists of a plenary session that will provide a theoretical background, while the subsequent splinter sessions will be hands-on, during which you will evaluate various posters (including you own, so bring an oldie!) and design a work plan for your next conference poster.
PLEASE NOTE: The masterclass is free of charge. Masterclasses will be given in Utrecht on the 21st and 22nd of February (morning and afternoon) and will last 2 hours. Registration can be done through the abstract submission page. This masterclass is not a prerequisite for selection for the poster prize.