During five days a group of about 50 researchers from IT and Computer Science from a wide range of universities (within the Netherlands and Europe) will work together extensively on challenging problems proposed by companies.
The ICT with Industry workshop brings together scientists, in particular (junior) research staff and PhD students, and professionals from industry and governments. The workshop revolves around a number of case studies, which are subject to an intense week of analysing, discussing, and modeling solutions.
ICT with Industry 2024
The main aim of the ICT with Industry workshop is to increase the collaboration between science and industry. The workshop strives for direct and rapid interaction between ICT researchers and industrial partners. It has the following objectives:
- To stimulate synergies between ICT research and industrial R&D, by analysing challenging problems in multidisciplinary teams.
- To obtain creative solutions for problems from practice.
- To give insight into the possibilities ICT research offers, and thereby enable accelerated innovation.
- To enrich the PhD students’ and postdocs’ experience in collaborating with industry.
Organisation and contacts
Scientific Chairs for 2024 (Meet the organizers)
- Dr. Ben van Werkhoven (e-Science Center Netherlands)
- Dr. Önder Babur (Wageningen University & Research)
- Dr. Paola Grosso (UVA – ASCI) – chair
- Dr. Kate Labunets (UU – SIKS)
- Dr. Ivan Kurtev (TU/e – IPA)
- Dr. Omar Niamut (TNO)
- Dr. Anton Wijs (TU/e)
- Prof. dr. Marieke Huisman (UT)
- Prof. dr. Joost Visser (UL)
- Katja van Erkel (NWO – ENW)
- Olivia Muthsam (NWO – ENW)
- Paul Blank (NWO – TTW)
The code of conduct of the ICT with Industry series is available here