During five days a group of about 50 researchers from IT and Computer Science from a wide range of universities (within the Netherlands and Europe) will work together extensively on challenging problems proposed by companies.
The ICT with Industry workshop brings together scientists, in particular (junior) research staff and PhD students, and professionals from industry and governments. The workshop revolves around a number of case studies, which are subject to an intense week of analysing, discussing, and modeling solutions.
The ICT with Industry is a series of events performed yearly since 2013. If you are curious about how an edition of ICT with Industry looks like, you can give
a look at the ICT with Industry 2019 page, enjoy!
ICT with Industry 2020
ICT with Industry 2020 will be held from January 20 to 24 in the Lorentz Center in Leiden, in cooperation with NWO. We will select a number of cases for this edition of ICTwI, so submit your proposal for a case study in collaboration with large companies and/or SMEs and public organisations!
For more information please check the Call for Case Studies and Call for participation (TBA).
The main aim of the ICT with Industry workshop is to increase the collaboration between science and industry. The workshop strives for direct and rapid interaction between ICT researchers and industrial partners. It has the following objectives:
- To stimulate synergies between ICT research and industrial R&D, by analysing challenging problems in multidisciplinary teams.
- To obtain creative solutions for problems from practice.
- To give insight into the possibilities ICT research offers, and thereby enable accelerated innovation.
- To enrich the PhD students’ and postdocs’ experience in collaborating with industry.
Organisation and contacts
Scientific Chairs for 2020
- Ivano Malavolta (VU, VERSEN, Amsterdam Data Science, Amsterdam Young Academy)
- Vasilios Andrikopoulos (RUG, VERSEN)
- Dr. Paola Grosso (UVA – ASCI) – chair
- Dr. Suzan Verberne (UL – SIKS)
- Dr. Michel Reniers (TU/e – IPA)
- Dr. Wouter Leibbrandt (TNO ESI)
- Prof. Dr Patricia Lago (VU – IPN)
If you have any questions about ICT with Industry, please contact us at email@example.com